Pages

Monday, April 12, 2010

Days 3 & 4 umbilical

Well Sunday, day 3 was a quiet day. Sally and I hung out around the house most of the day. Dad and Neil went and spent the day with the girls again. So Sally and I had the house to ourselves. We did some of the bonding games that Terry taught me on my first trip to WV. We chilled and watched a couple of movies and that was about the extent of the day. In the evening when Dad and Neil got back we went out for supper. While out for supper an older lady came into the restaurant and as we got up to leave she asked if that was the same Sally that was in the paper the other day. I didn't hear the question, so Dad and Neil answered yes it was. They said she seemed really happy to have had the chance to see her.
Today we got up and went out to the Aid Station that I normally work at to talk to my Chief out there. Afterwards Neil, Dad, Sally, and I went to our appointment with Sarah and had a good meeting with her. Sarah was a little upset that she could pet Sally since we are in the umbilical training. After our appt. we stopped by the game wardens on base to get my base fishing licence renewed. We went into the ranger station and all of a sudden Sally started barking. Really barking a lot. At first I didn't notice what she was barking at. Then as I turned and looked into the other room there was a stuffed Black Bear Cub. Sally did not like it. We walked into the other room and I tried to let her see that it was okay. She would stick her neck out and sniff it and then back up and just stare at it. After moving her into the other room again she calmed down. The Chief Ranger was at the station while we were there. He came out when Sally started barking. She looked at Sally and I and asked if she was the dog that was just in the newspaper the other day. I told him yes. He shook my hand and thanked me for my service and told me he was a former Marine. It was rather neat. I gave him one of Sally's cards and he gave me one of his. He told me if there was anything he could do for me to let him know. Good contact to have. Afterwards we went out to Sam's Club and did some shopping. Then we came back home, for a rather quiet evening. Now we are getting ready to go to WV for our graduation, on Wednesday. Looking forward to it. I guess that is about all for tonight. I will write more tomorrow.