Pages

Monday, March 29, 2010

A quiet night

Hello all. Terry and Allison are down here at Camp Lejeune today and tomorrow to visit with the Wounded Warrior Battalion. While they are down here they brought Sally to stay with me tonight and tomorrow till they are done with their meeting. Went and got Sally and brought her to the house. It is kind of weird to have another being in the house, other than my bearded dragon Rocco. I can't go anywhere in the house that she isn't right behind me. If I sit down for a few minutes she is right at my feet laying down. We have been playing with her Fuzzy toy, and just relaxing. Tomorrow we are going into work. The first time, for her. Everyone at work is really interested in meeting her. Got a phone call tonight to "verify" that she made it here. After sick call at the BAS we are to stop by the clinic to meet some of the people that work there. They seem to be very interested too.
On the way back to the house today we made 2 stops. One at the gas station that I have been doing all of my shopping at. When I went in this time I felt more at ease than I have in a while. The 2 clerks were amazed at Sally and kept telling her how beautiful she is. Every time they told her, Sally's tail wagged faster and faster. The second stop was at my landlord's. Fred has been very supportive and helpful through all of this and when I brought up the idea of getting a Service Dog, Fred went to the owner and got permission right away. He really thought Sally is beautiful too.
Since being at the house we have gone outside a few times. All kinds of new smells and new sounds for her to check out. Tail wagging a hundred miles an hour. When we come back in she lets me take of her harness and then as soon as I sit down she positions herself no further than 5 feet from me. The laying down took her a little bit as this is the first time she has been to the house. Again all kinds of new smells and different rooms for her to check out.I already see one thing i may have to be careful of. She almost blends in with the carpet in the living room. I guess that is it for tonight. About time for bed since I am going to have to get up a little bit earlier to take her out and feed her, before we head off to work. I will write more tomorrow night after our first day at work together.