Pages

Sunday, May 9, 2010

Rough week

Howdy all. This week has been an interesting but rough week. Though Sally and my fishing journeys were nice. Last Tuesday Sally and I went to Walmart in Morehead City. While there we got asked a lot of questions. At one time two couples with kids came up and were asking questions. While talking to them one of the kids got past Sally and I and came up beside me. The next thing I knew I felt something warm on my arm, and I jumped up. Turned out the kid came up to me and placed his hand on my arm. Innocent enough. The problem was that when I jumped up I caught the kid with my elbow and knocked him backwards rather hard into his Mom. Talk about feeling like crap!!!! I learned that I need to be more vigilant about my surroundings even while talking to people about Sally.

Last weekend My oldest daughter and I were communicating via email for a little while. The first thing I was asked was what I wanted her and her sisters to call me. Dad, or Daddy? I told her that they could call me what ever they wanted to. It was just weird for me to be called either. She also told me that I guess I used to call her Buck. No idea where that came from but she told me she missed it. I guess the other day we actually ended up at the same store at the same time and they all got to see me and Sally. Shakaya said they all really enjoyed hearing my voice. I guess at one time we were actually 10 feet away from each other, and I didn't know it. Live and learn right?? Wednesday Sally and I met with one of my Docs. There we discussed the possibility of meeting my daughters. It is something I am thinking about now. Very scared of it though.

Today has been really rough. There have been a couple of times that I have wanted to call Mom and wish her Happy Mother's day. Should be easy right. Not when my Mom passed away during this time that I have lost. Been kind of a bummer all day. Still unsure of my step Mom just cause I don't know her and still haven't figured out a way to deal with Mom's death let alone deal with a new Mom. Just another piece to the puzzle.