Pages

Sunday, May 2, 2010

Bath night

Everywhere Sally and I go, I get asked how her fur is soooo soft. She is spoiled in that aspect. She gets a brushing every night and a bath at least once a week. This was the third week for bath night. The first couple times were rather interesting. Sally did not want to get into the bathtub. Tonight was different though. We went in and I told her in and she jumped right in. Each time I told her to turn so I could get to another part, she turned with no problem. I think she is getting used to it mainly cause when she is done and I am drying her off she constantly has to play. She grabs the towel and will pull it off of herself. Or turn quickly so I have to try and catch her to get the towel on her. Of course when we first get done I look like I fell into the bath while cleaning her. She likes to wait until I am reaching for her towel and then she jumps out and shakes. I think it is just to return the favor of being wet. After the towel drying we always do some of Terry's Bonding games. This just includes working with her on her commands for around 30 minutes. This we do outside and she really seems to enjoy it. After we come back in the normal dog in her comes out and she has to roll around on the floor. It is comical to watch her as she basically turns herself around in circles. Overall this made for a nice end to a quiet Sunday.